As a pearl seller, you know how important it is to take good care of the precious pearls. You have to make sure that the jewelry you are selling is in perfect condition, especially if you present it to buyers. There are things you should and should not do to safeguard the beauty and well-being of your pearls. They are discussed below:
What should you do?
- Keep the jewelry clean. It will be a big turn off if the buyers see your jewelry dirty. Cleaning the pearl is easy. You just have to use soft damp cloth.
- Keep the pearls in a separate pouch or box. The surface of the pearl is very delicate. You have to make sure that pearls avoid scratching from each other’s surface.
- Pearls need fresh air to breath; after all, they are a living organism.
What you should not do?
- When it comes to cleaning the surface of the pearl, you should avoid putting direct water. Why? Well, pearls can absorb water which will lead to fermentation inside the pearl. It can greatly affect its color and luster. If the pearl you are selling needs cleaning, then might as well have it cleaned by professional pearl jewelry cleaner.
- Keep your pearl away from direct sunlight. The luster and quality of the pearl will be affected if it is under direct sunlight.
- Storing the pearl is a big factor. As much as possible, you have to avoid hanging the pearls. The best way to store them is in the pouch in a lying flat position. Check the thread to make sure it is in good condition.
If the pearls you are selling turned yellow because they have been with you for a long period of time, do not worry. It only needs cleaning to bring back its luster and shine. Basically, the pearl is immersed in a diluted hydrochloric acid solution. If you are afraid to do it by yourself, then you can just bring the pearl to professional cleaners. They will restore the pearls for you. For more information about pearls, visit this site http://pearlsonly.com.au.