Architectural and interior photography is a discipline that is still little known to the general public. This profession is, however, important, because the professional photographer immortalizes the renovation of an apartment or a house.
Their work can capture the culmination of the construction of a building. once the work is completed, the service of a photographer specializing in interior photography is sought. Choosing an apt and capable interior photographer is important, considering the implications it can bring to your sales and profits.
Why hire a professional architectural and interior design photographer?
The photographer of architecture and interior spaces produces beautiful, attractive photos for demanding professional architects, designers and interior decorators. Their job is to photograph prestigious hotels, buildings, monuments, work spaces and urban infrastructures. To meet all the requirements of their clientele, a professional photographer must:
- Master all the technical aspects that surround architectural photography and interior photography, starting with the possession of the appropriate equipment and its proper use. There are, for example, practices like tilting and shifting lenses specific to the discipline.
- Seek precision, a quality which includes attention to detail and patience. A site or a project in progress does not always respect the execution schedule and may be late.
- Be an enthusiast who has taken training not only in photography, but also in marketing. The visual plays an important role in highlighting the achievements and know-how of building professionals. In this market, which to this day remains a niche, interior photography is becoming an essential point.
- Understand and be attentive to the needs of their customers, in order to produce a quality product. The technical specifies are not always understood by newcomers – such as careful composition and framing, faithful renditions of textures and colors magnified by a complex work of luminosity.
How should you choose your architectural and interior photographer?
A professional in architectural and interior photography does not only capture the photo of a real estate. Their work must tell a story and bring it to life, with the atmosphere and the light faithfully transcribing the textures and colors. They must also sublimate the property with their sharp technical skills. Beyond the cost of the service, certain criteria must also be taken into account in the choice of the photographer. Among other things, it is necessary that:
- The photographer is close to the site where the shooting will take place. To avoid straining your budget, avoid the additional expenses caused by costs related to accommodation as well as expensive travel expenses in general.
- The preparation of the session is part of the package offered by the service provider. This service consists of a presentation of the file and a supporting simulation for the progress of the shots.
The portfolio can be a convincing decision-making tool. It should be as complete as possible so that you are able to assess the work provided from several angles.